Friday, October 27, 2017

Soccer Season is over


 I love this photo of my Buddy.  It was one of his first High School photos and the one were I looked twice to see if that was really my boy!  He has grown up so much in the last year.

He decided to go out for the soccer team this fall.  He spent time over the summer at Captain's practices to get ready.  Our school doesn't have enough boys interested in the sport to field two full teams, so many of the boys play on the Varsity as second string.



After "Hell Week", Not sure why they call it that, as they only practiced once a day for 2 maybe 3 hours.  The swim team meets twice a day for 2 weeks, but I am not the coach and I am not a player, so it is what it is.  Anyway, after the first week of practice, Buddy was in the top 10 for the fitness testing.  This meant he was going to get to play more on the Varsity team.  Or that is what I understood, anyway. LOL!

He did start all Junior Varsity games, when they had a team to play.  One day, I worked my schedule out so that I would come to the JV soccer game and see him play.  The other team wasn't there and when coach called them, he was told they forgot they had a game.  REALLY?!?!  How do you forget you have a game?  What a lame excuse.  The next week, there was another JV game on the schedule.  I was torn, do I go to the Cross Country meet to watch SwimChick or do I go to the soccer game to see Buddy play?!?!  He told me to go to Cross Country, because I am bad luck.  When I come to soccer games he doesn't play.

We did go to the first game of the regionals.  He did get to play part of the first half and we cheered loudly for the team.  They won that game.  I missed the second game of the Regional play offs because of cross country.  The team lost that game.

Great job, Buddy!  Now to gear up for baseball?!?!

Off n Running,
AnnMarie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.