Friday, March 21, 2014

Ahhhh massage...

* Note:  I started writing this article on March 8, 2014!!!

This weekend  is the AMTA-WI (American Massage Therapy Association) Spring Education conference in Milwaukee.  I am the secretary for the Chapter.  A year ago, I decided to fill a vacant seat and am up for re-election this year.  I did this "job" a couple of years back for something like 5 years.  It is a pretty simple job really.  In return for taking the minutes at every meeting, I get to go to some fun places.  This Spring the conference is in Milwaukee, so I didn't have to travel far.  In the fall, the conference is in Eau Claire, my college town!!!!

Today is March 21, the second day of Spring.  I am cleaning up the house and my blog today!  I did get re-elected to the Board that weekend.  I am excited to go to Eau Claire in August and cannot WAIT to run the streets again there!  I am also going to take some facial massage classes.  Not sure what is more exciting to me the classes or getting to run over my old stomping grounds.  LOL!

I was going to write about the benifits of massage for runners.  I will tell you that it really does help in the recovery after hard work outs.  Many professional athletes as well as Olymipans get massages at least once every other week if not every week.  If you want to read some articles on the benifits of massage check out the AMTA website here!

On this website you will find all kinds of AWESOME information.  Including information on the National convention this fall in Denver, CO.  As a board member, we need to submit a letter of intent to the rest of the board.  I have been thinking about my letter and am going to submit one in the next week.  I would LOVE to see Dr. Oz and check out Denver!

Off n Running,
AnnMarie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.