Tuesday, September 11, 2012

October UnProsessed Challenge

October Unprocessed 2012


I was surfing the web, on Sunday September 9, and found this awesome challenge. I think I am going to jump in with both feet. I love the idea of unprocessed food and homemade has always tasted better to me. If you want to join the challenge, go to Eating Rules and sign up. I will try to link up with them as often as possible.

I would like to have a freezer full of food to help with our new school year, making of the lunches and breakfasts, and those busy nights when there is not time to prep a full meal, but time to eat one!

So in my searching I have found some great food blogs.  I started following 100 Days of Real Food..., and found Heavenly Homemakers this summer too.  I am LOVING Laura's recipes at HH.  Over the weekend, I made my first batch of tomato soup from her site.  4 our of 5 of us liked it.  I have 3 quart jars and one pint canned on my shelf.  It was super simple to make.  Now I am hunting down tomatoes to do some more.  We have grilled cheese and tomato soup once a week in the winter, it seems.  It is an easy go to meal for super busy nights.  

Both of the blogs above have gotten me started on the clean eating and cooking process again.  Now that I am without children in the daytime, I am hoping to read more of their blogs and glean some recipes and tips to use in my own kitchen.  I am looking forward to this challenge in October, especially with it being Halloween month!

Off n Running,
AnnMarie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.