Friday, January 12, 2018

Mid-January already?!?!

Here we are, January 12 already.  What a crazy month it has been?  Kids are getting ready for mid-terms in another week.  The gymnastics teams first competition is this weekend.  Levi has his first of two winter camp-outs this weekend.  And I am starting day 12 of Whole30!

It has been a little tougher this time because I have not been able to do the planning I had hoped.  I did find Lara bars on sale at the local health food store. I like to have them on Massage work days when I don’t always have time to sit down and eat lunch.  I did stock up on meat in November and December, so have only needed to get fresh veggies and fruit most days!  

Love this new cookbook, I got for Christmas!  Have tried a couple of recipes, cannot wait to try some more of them!  I also just got the Fast and Easy cookbook from the library.  I need to try some of those recipes too.  I think I am going to put that book on my birthday wish list.  😜

Have any of you tried Rx bars?  These remind me of the Power Bars from the 1980’s!  Only they don’t taste like paste.  These are treats too and a bit more expensive than Lara bars.

I have seen my Physical Therapist three times since surgery and good things are happening!  My knee is still a little swollen, but I am only 3 weeks post op!  My PT says I will start running in another 3 to 4 weeks!!!!!  Woo hoo!

Yesterday, I interviewed for a new job.  I love working at the Wisconsin Athletic Club, but I am not making enough money to pay my bills AND save some for a rainy day.  Sooooo, way back in 1997, I took a class and became a Certified Nursing Assistant.  Back then, that meant I helped the nurses by taking vitals on residents or patients.  I also fed them, bathed them and helped with all sorts of other tasks.  Things have changed some in the last 20 years.  I got a job at a senior living center and will get my certificate for a Community Based Residential Facility. I guess with additional training I will be allowed to pass meds with a CBRF? The great thing is that I can keep my job as a Massage Therapist and will most likely be able to continue working with the little kids too!

I best get going. I hear the dog whimpering to go outside.  Yesterday we got in a 1 mile walk at 6:30 in the morning. It was 51.degrees outside on January 11!  Today I hear the wind howling...Feels like 4?!?! Brrrrrrrr!

Off n Running,

AnnMarie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.