Monday, November 27, 2017

Cyber Monday...

That sounds like we are being invaded!  LOL!  So, how many of you shopped on Black Friday?  How many of you are waiting for today to get all the deals?  How many don't realize that Christmas Day is in 28 days!

Yipes!  I have barely scratched the surface of looking at my list and getting ideas.  Before we know it all the wrapping will be torn off and tossed out.  (Big deep breath!)

I woke up early today.  My little one went to bed feeling not so good.  We spent time with cousins and friends over the weekend, and she got something they had.  I hope she is well enough to go to school, but we will see.  I had her take Shaklee's Defend and Resist a few times yesterday, along with a hot bath in Epsom Salts.  I didn't put anything in her diffuser and should have.  At the beginning of November, when I felt yucky, I put in my own blend of Theives oil.  (I found a recipe on Pinterest.)  I like the Young Living blend, but didn't have any on hand.

Just wondering, how many of my readers use Essential Oils.  As a massage therapist, I have always been interested in them.  I found this great company about a year ago called Rocky Mountain Oils.  They are great!

Every January first, I sit down with the kids and we make a list of things we would like to do this year.  I put learn about Aromatherapy on my list.  I was lucky enough to find a great class in my neighborhood.  I earned continuing education credits for the class, and am wondering if I can take it again.  I really liked the class.  My teacher, Robin, is a certified Aroma therapist(?).  She earned her certificate/accreditation with Aromahead Institute (I think.)  Robin said we need to look at the way the oils are harvested and where they come from.  If you want to know if your oils are good, they should always have the latin name on the label as well as the origin of the oil.

Since then, I have been dabbling in aromatherapy.  I have pinned a bunch of "blends" I want to try.  I have been given oils from clients.  I buy some here and some there.  But I like 3 companies the best: Rocky Mountain Oils, Young Living and DoTerra.  These oils just seem fresher to me.  One of the things I learned from my class was the purity of each oil varies from company to company.  Some companies put the essential oil in a carrier oil for you.  What I noticed about these is they don't list what the proportion is.  How can I use 2 drops of Frankincense in my coconut oil if it has already been diluted?  Will the property be the same, I don't know?

I am rambling.  Sorry about that.  I guess I am sleep deprived - LOL!   With it being the holiday season, I am looking forward to buying a few Christmas Blends from Rocky Mountain Oils.  Last year, I got a set of Holiday oils with Candy Cane in it.  I ended up ordering about 5 Candy Cane blend to have for this year, just in case they didn't offer it again.  I see they do have the blend, but I need to read the label, I think they changed it up a bit.  Last year's blend smelled SOOO much like candy canes.  My house smelled tiny and fresh!  Because it is Cyber Monday, there is a deal of course.  Check them out.

And don't be surprised if I give you a scented something for Christmas this year!

Off n Walking the dog,
AnnMarie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.