Friday, November 24, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Anniversary 

50 years ago on November 23, 1967, (alsoThanksgiving day that year) my parents were married. Yesterday we celebrated the occasion by attending mass at their church. My son did one of the readings with one of my nephews. My sister (Sister 2) and I handed out communion, my other sister (Sister 1) and her kids sang... it was nice. 


Sister 2 put together a video for them.  She asked all of the grandchildren to answer questions about love and grandma and grandma.  It was cute.  One question was “how do you think grandma and grandpa met.”  When my kids first read this question, they all said “at a bar!”  Several of the younger ones thought maybe in college.  I didn’t know the answer, so we asked them!

Dad said he thinks mom was 8 years old when they met.  Dad was friends with one of mom’s brothers.  They started dating when mom was a freshman in high school.  He proposed when she was a junior in high school.  Then he was drafted.  He got stationed in Texas.  They decided to wait until his term was up to get married.  So they chose Thanksgiving Day, Because they were thankful he was home and out of the service!

I think I have told you about Sister 2 being a race director for a local 5k -Run for the Paws- it benefits the Forest County Humane Society and the Crandon Cross Country Team.  My whole family (pictured here) was there this year, because we took family pictures.  The lady who took them did a great job. 


Anyway... after mass we went to a restaurant for a Thanksgiving meal.  If you are wondering, Yes, I stuck to the Whole 30 plan!  There was a small salad bar so I loaded up on lettuce.  They had hard boiled eggs and black olives!  I did eat a piece of turkey and some green beans.  

We hung out at my parents for the rest of the day.  Munched on veggies and fruit in the afternoon.  I made chicken pot soup so DH and Sister 1, who is gluten free, would have something “legal” to eat.  Sister 1 loved it!  Sister In Law lived it too.  So, shout out to Jay’s Baking Me Crazy, for this great recipe.  ( I have pinned several from this site, will update as we try them!)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Off n running,

AnnMarie 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.