Monday, November 20, 2017

Surgery is set




Hello readers,

Those who are here to read about my running, I am going to update you now!  As you know, I have been sidelined for awhile.  I finally did something about during this year's Cross Country season when I could not chase my kid around the course without pain or consequences!

Long story short, I went to PT, he sent me to Orthopedic Doctor.  He had some blood tests done and an MRI.  MRI showed very little wear in the joint but did pick up a torn meniscus.  The scheduler called me the next day to tell me that we can't schedule anything until the insurance approves the orders.  Last week, Thursday, I got the call it was approved!

I will be getting the tear fixed on December 21, 2017.  From what the Doc said, I would be on crutches for maybe 3 days.  So, I took off work for one week.  I don't know yet if I will be traveling anywhere for the Christmas and New Year holidays.  But, I will be home the week my kids are off of school.  That I like!  It has been too long since I have taken off to hang out with them.  I miss that.  Even though now a days, they tend to sit in their rooms and play games or watch videos on their phones...  I will get to be home with them to watch movies and play board games with them!
I was contacted today by someone in the Orthopedic office about getting in to see my Physical Therapist after the surgery.  She said that Doc usually wants you to go in 1 to 3 days post op.  I sure hope my guy is in the day after my surgery.

My goal with all of this is to be able to run again.  Not sure how far, how soon, but if I can chase my Cross Country runner around her course next fall, I will be so happy!  Shoot if I can run across the field from one side of the track to the other this Spring, without any pain or limping, I will be even happier!  So, the dreams of running again for my sanity are going to come true.  I can't wait!


Off n Dreaming of Running,

AnnMarie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.