Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Whole 30 here I come...

Don't you love it when things start to come together?  A few years back, I learned of this program called Whole 30.  I requested the books by Melissa and Dallas Hartwig SEVERAL times from the library.  I might have paged through them even, before they were due.  Way back in 2002, I was great about cleaning up my diet.  I lost 18 pounds just from cleaning up my diet!  Then baby number two came along and I gave into the cravings and here we are 15 years later, and pushing the scale to limits I am not yet ready to talk about.  😐

Sometime in maybe August, my Dear Husband came home and told me about his Bus Buddy being on this "new" program called Whole 30.  Bus Buddy's whole family is on this amazing program.  Bus buddy looks unrecognizable!  Thanks Bus Buddy, but really where were you in 2014, when I needed you?!?!  😉

Bus buddy did the Whole 30, looks amazing, or so I have been told, and now his family is eating mostly Paleo.  Because Bus Buddy looks amazing and told my DH how easy it was, once you got past the first week and detoxed out the bad stuff, DH has decided to go on the program.  Seriously, I have tried several programs to clean up my our diet, but DH wasn't having it.  I heard, "I need meat and potatoes and sugar!"  Well, DH started last Monday and seems to be doing ok.  I needed time to read IT STARTS WITH FOOD and look into menu planning for the family with these "new" recipes.  I told DH, I am going to start on November 1.

SO, here we are!  It is November 1, and I have been up since 5:30am.  I just finished my 3 eggs scrambled with mushrooms and sweet peppers.  I made up the classic chili recipe last night for dinner and have packed some leftovers for my lunch.  DH has picked out a recipe from the WHOLE 30 book for dinner tonight.

Here is what I need from this... to get sugar out of my system.  I am a junkie and crave the poison so badly!  I still think I have a candida overgrowth and cutting the sugar will help with that.  I am convinced that the sugar I eat has also attributed to the hip/knee problem that I have.  So I hope to use this blog as my sound board and get some help from others who have succeeded on the Whole 30.

So, I want to kick the sugar to the curb.  As a result, I hope to start the healing process on my leg issue, which will allow me to run again.  Running again will lead to weight loss.  These are all that I hope to get from this program.  I am bringing the family along, whether they know it or want to, for this journey.  I am praying that this will be a plan we stick to and keep the sugar out of the diet!

Wish us luck, hope to be Off n Running again SOON,

AnnMarie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.