Monday, November 20, 2017

Maintain don’t Gain Challenge 

So a few weeks ago at work I saw this poster...


I grabbed a flyer on my way out the door.  What is it?  Well, let me tell you.  For $10, you weigh in during a set date (November 13-22) then you weigh out during another set date (January 1-9).  If you maintain your weigh-in weight, you will get your $10 fee back.  If you gain weight, you lose your fee. If you lose weight during the challenge, you get a portion of the losers money.  

So, I had to break one of the Whole 30 rules.  You know, the one where you don’t step on a scale for the 30 days!  At my last doctor visit, sometime in September (or was it October), the nurse weighed me at 168.  Last week, for the Maintain Don’t Gain challenge weigh-in, I logged 160.4, as my weight!  Not too bad, for a start.  

I want to get through the next 10 days of Whole 30 and see how December goes.  My DH and I are in agreement that we’d like to stick to the clean eating.  I personally would love to get back down to 135 pounds.  That is what I was in college.  Maybe I will fit back into my wedding dress for our 20th wedding anniversary in 2018!  We will see.  

As of right now, I plan to maintain in December and do this Whole 30 thing again on January 1.  Who wants to join me?  (I have a college friend that contacted me after my first Whole 30 post.  She said she was in the same place as me- borrowed books from library but never really read them or started the program.  She started on my day two, I think.  She is doing great but needs our prayers right now.  She is on a trip overseas!)

Please follow me here on my blog and let me know if you’re going to join me for Whole30 in January.  Thanks!

Off n Running,

AnnMarie 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.